Monday, February 1, 2010

Macally G-S350SUA Hi-Speed eSATA/FireWire/USB2.0 Storage Enclosure for 3.5-Inch SATA HDD Reviews

Macally G-S350SUA Hi-Speed eSATA/FireWire/USB2.0 Storage Enclosure for 3.5-Inch SATA HDD Reviews
Other products by Macally Ratting 4.0 Out of 5.0 Special Offer Total New 28 Total Use 0


Read More From Here Now

The Macally G-S350SUA is designed for all 3.5-Inch SATA I and SATA II hard disk drives. Built with a solid aluminum body for excellent heat dissipation and protection to your hard disk drive. Horizontal position for stacking, and space saving vertical position with stand.

Technical Details

- Sold Individually
See more technical details
Customer Buzz
"Perfect case to go with media center" 2010-01-22
By Gabriel Weatherhead
Not only does this case look nice and match my mac mini perfectly but it's quiet and fast. I recently setup a Mac Mini as a home theater PC and decided to add some external storage for all of the media. It was an easy task. The case just works and looks right.

Customer Buzz
"Amazing product" 2010-01-19
By Alecx J
My Western Digital MyBook Essential Edition 500GB drive ceased to operate. I almost cried thinking the whole drive had failed. Had had the drive since July of 2008. I Googled the web and found that usually a power supply can be the issue, after realizing that the drive still tried to spin but there was no power to keep it going. The answers I found all suggested a new enclosure. And that's when I started looking on Amazon for a good deal. I use a Macbook, so I wanted something reliable and just as good as Apple. Macally gets great reviews, so I went for it. The MyBook was easy to pry open with instructions, revealing a SATA drive. I had used just USB2.0 before, but went for this for its Firewire (my first FW device!) I just use that now. I simply followed the instructions using the screwdriver. Slid the drive in and powered up. I have never had a desktop tower before, so I had had no previous experience with this kind of device (the cables, the internals, etc.) I'm a novice, definitely. But the setup was easy. I clicked the power button and voila! My hard drive lived once more. All my media was safe - my five year old pics, my music videos, my movies, TV shows, etc. Great product, easy to use, and looks beautiful on my desk.

Customer Buzz
"the perfect SuperDuper Drive!" 2010-01-18
By Saeed A. Siddiki (Riyadh, KSA)
Folks i am a fanatic when it comes to backups as demonstrated in this article [...] and i take my backups really seriously! I have the following in addition to this estate Mcally Multi interface box.

* i use it primarily as my in case of emergency Bootable drive (to be used with
[...] software)
* i do backups almost every 3 days on it
* stores really nice in a safe place
* The only con is the separate electrical adapter and the wires
* Future proof (has eSATA Port already--so if apple adapts your set)

My other backup gear includes:
Ultradock Access Ide Sata HDD Connect Via FW800 FW400 Esata USB
Data Robotics Drobo 4-Bay USB 2.0/FireWire 800 SATA Storage Array DR04DD10
Drobo Fully Automated SATA Robotic Storage Array 4 Bay USB 2.0
Toughtech Xe 0GB -- Esata, FW800, (400 Compatible), USB2 Supports Drive Capacit

Customer Buzz
"Chronic oversleeper" 2009-12-31
By Copter Pilot (Alexandria, VA)
Looks good, works well... until it goes to sleep, and then it will refuse to wake up. It locks up the entire computer (Mac Mini) until I manually power off/power on the drive unit. This happens every day and makes the drive virtually unusable. I tried adjusting the power saving feature to both extremes to no effect. The discussion boards explain the power supply as the problem, particularly when powering the larger (1 TB or greater) drives and that is indeed what I'm using. Hopefully tech support will send me a higher capacity power supply but even if they do, this type of problem should never have been an issue to begin with.

Customer Buzz
"Fantastic Storage Enclosure" 2009-12-16
By J. Smith (Newport News, VA)
I use this enclosure with a Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM drive connected to a Macbook Pro via Firewire. It works perfectly, I haven't experienced any power issues like other readers have seen. The number one feature I like is the looks and it doesn't fail you in person. The only problem I have seen is that if you want the anti-vibration pads put on the device you have to screw some ugly looking "feet" extensions onto the bottom and then attached the rubber pads. But if you are worried the device tipping over then use the extra feet extensions to stabilize the drive enclosure.

Also note, if you have a newer Mac or PC with Firewire 800 you will need to buy a Firewire 400 to Firewire 800 cable assembly. The Firewire cable included is a 400 to 400 cable, which can be useful for connecting this device to another one.


Images Product

Read more Macally G-S350SUA Hi-Speed eSATA/FireWire/USB2.0 Storage Enclosure for 3.5-Inch SATA HDD

Seja o primeiro a comentar

Best LCD TV | Best Digital Cameras | Best GPS | Laptops | Shoes | Jeans | Accessories © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO